How It Works
- Download the app, enter your information, and select the contacts you want to notify about your safe arrival.
- When taking a ride with someone you don’t know, take a photo of their license plate. This image will act as an immediate deterrent, putting the driver on notice that others know the vehicle in which you're riding.
- The app tracks the path to your destination and provides you with an ETA for your trip.
- If the ETA passes, you’ll receive an alert asking if you’ve arrived safely.
- If you respond to the alert that you’ve arrived safely, it will notify your network.
- If you do not respond to the alert, your network will receive a message stating that something might be wrong and the pictures you took along with your last GPS location.
SafeRide/WalkSafe provides peace of mind for anyone worried about their loved ones – sons and daughters, spouses and parents – traveling alone.